University of Chicago law professor Richard H. McAdams and his wife, Anna Maria Marshall, on April 15 paid $1.475 million for a seven-bedroom, 6,009-square-foot vintage mansion in the Kenwood neighborhood.
McAdams has been at the U. of C.'s law school since 2007 and previously taught at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Boston University.
Built in 1913 and designed by the firm of Horatio R. Wilson and Associates, the three-story mansion sits in the heart of the Kenwood Landmark District and has been recently renovated. Features include a state-of-the-art kitchen, a stairway with stained glass windows, two fireplaces, hardwood floors, cove moldings, a finished basement and two covered porches.
The mansion most recently was listed for $1.595 million. The seller, a trust whose beneficiary is a physician, bought the home in 1999 for $860,000.
Alex Haried of Redfin represented McAdams and Marshall. He declined to comment on the deal.
Bob Goldsborough is a freelance reporter.