Kent Cooper convinced his client to trust his judgment ― and his valuation — for a Cocoa heavy construction company. That decision paid off for both, earning the client an extra $3.6 million on the sale and Cooper the largest deal of his career.
Cooper said he was hired by Met-Con in 2020 to appraise the company, which had a $10 million sale contract for the company, its equipment and 22 acres of real estate. Cooper told the client the business and property were worth twice that amount. The land, alone, he estimated was worth $8.3 million.
“That killed the transaction,” he said. But once the contract expired, Met-Con gave Cooper the exclusive listing to sell the company and real estate. They ended up closing the $13.6 million sale in October 2021.
“So it was a complex transaction, but finally, the buyer and the seller agreed to do the deal, he said. “It was one of the largest transactions I’ve ever ever had on both sides. I’m very pleased with it.”
CFCAR and the Central Florida Commercial Real Estate Association also bestowed the Wilbur Strickland Lifetime Achievement Award to James M. Seneff, Jr.
Mr. Seneff founded CNL Financial Group in 1973, and has guided the company over the past 49 years.
Other top producers include:
- Ben Brenner, C. Brenner, Inc. - Orange County, Office
- JP Beaulieu, Bishop Beale Duncan - Orange County, Land & Retail
- Pat Goetz, Bishop Beale Duncan - Orange County, Industrial
- Bob Rand, CBC Benchmark - Volusia County
- Danny Smith, Smith & Smith Realty - Sumter County
- Vince Wolle, Results Real Estate Partners - Seminole County, Industrial & Retail
- Dean Saunders, SVN - Land
- Robbie McEwan, JLL - Orange County, Investment
- Kent Cooper, Capstone Commercial of Brevard - Brevard County
- Rick Gonzalez, Crosby & Associates - Lake County
- Lou Nimkoff, The Brio Companies, - Community Service Award