UPDATED: August 11, 2015 — AMP Group, the Orlando-based owner and operator of 10 retailers on north International Drive including Perfumeland, Athletic Planet and the Orlando Crossings East shopping complex, is in the midst of a $2.5 million renovation of the former distressed strip mall next door.
The new Orlando Crossings West (also known as Orlando Crossings Phase 2), located on the 5500 block of International Drive, will feature more than 46,000 square feet of retailer space.
Tenants with space open as of mid-August include:
- The 10,000-square-foot Ichiban Chinese-Japanese Buffet, which seats around 400. It opened in July, and expands upon an existing location on Kissimmee's W. US 192.
- Orlando Novelty, a cigar and smoking accessories store
Other tenants slated to open the first or second week of September are:
- A second unit for AMP's own sporting goods store Athletic Planet
- Motorcycle accessories store Performance MotoParts
- The complex's anchor tenant, Newark, N.J.-based A&J Seabra Supermarkets, which began build out in May on a 17,000-square-foot store that should open this fall.
- Vitamin store Vitaflex
Lux Ultra Lounge, a nightclub with dancing and bottle service now located one block southwest of Orlando Crossings West, will relocate to the new shopping center, with a projected opening of December.
Location: Orlando Crossings West shopping center (aka Phase 2), 5500 block of International Drive
Owner: AMP Group
Start Date: renovations began in July 2014
End Date: December 2015
Project Budget: $2.5 million
General Contractor: TDH Construction of Debary, Fla.; Rabits & Romano Architecture
Description: A former distressed strip mall with more than 46,000 square feet of retailer space and a projected six tenants ranging from retail to dining and a nightclub.