At the construction site for Universal's Sapphire Falls Resort on Adventure Way on Friday, concrete foundations and pre-fabricated concrete panels were in various stages of installation. Contractors with a presence included:
- Kissimmee-based electrical contractor Terry's Electric, Inc.
- Orlando-based concrete services provider CCK Construction Services, Inc.
- Maryland-based Acton Mobile, which provides mobile office trailers and has a branch in Tampa
- Algeco Scotsman, a multinational provider of modular space and portable storage solutions with a branch in Orlando
- Balfour Beatty Construction, a national commercial construction company headquartered in Dallas, with a branch in Orlando
- Winter Springs-based plumbing, drain and sewer contractor Modern Plumbing Industries, Inc.
And at the construction site located directly south of Cabana Bay Beach Resort off of Adventure Way, where Universal's new water park has been described in public documents, dirt was being relocated into giant mounds, the same work that's been visible for weeks from highway passersby. Visible contractors included:
- Ferguson Enterprises, a national wholesale supplier of commercial plumbing supplies like pipes, valves and fittings, with offices in Orlando
- Concrete Construction Services of Winter Haven, which provides commercial concrete flat work and vertical construction
- Professional Services Industries (PSI), a national consulting engineering firm that offers services that include geotechnical engineering, with a branch in Orlando
- Tucker Paving of Winter Haven, a turn-key site work, utility, paving, and concrete contractor
A Universal spokesman declined to comment Friday on whether any of these contractors were working with the company, or what their roles are on the two projects. Calls made by GrowthSpotter to some of the contractors were not returned prior to publication.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 420-5685