jobs and workplace
- Details on the prospective office demands in Winter Park for the company's future headquarters, and how much local governments are committing.
- An update on the developer's name change to its Planet Hollywood-themed condo hotel project, and the push to max out key entitlements.
- The EDC reports that it helped create 2,591 jobs in the fiscal year just ended, the lowest in 5 years. However, CEO Rick Weddle says the pipeline is full with projects, and projected a much better year ahead.
- PNC's survey of Central Florida small- and medium-sized businesses indicated that qualified help is getting harder to find than six months ago. One-third surveyed said they planned to give their employees raises.
- Millennials, baby boomers and an ever-growing tourism labor force are driving new apartment development in an area once dominated by tourists.